Public agencies can play a role in encouraging the use of refillable water bottles by:
- Banning bottled water at all public meetings.
- Banning bottled water for employee use.
- Banning Styrofoam cups.
- Providing water stations like the Brita Hydration Station by Haws Corporation so that employees can fill their water bottles of cups with fresh, filtered water.
- Encouraging employees to bring in reusable coffee mugs, water glasses or water bottles for use in the workplace.
- Providing recycle bins for cans, glass and plastic.
- Banning bottled water from vending machines used by both employees and customers.
- Using their communications with citizens to encourage use of reusable water bottles and reducing waste of all kinds.
- Take the pledge as an organization or department!